‘A thrilling showcase of high octane performing arts that use architectural landmarks as their backdrop.’
The Sunday Times
Duration: all day; BSL interpreters will be at key seminar and networking events on Fri 21 June, 6pm, Sat 22 June, 10am-12.30pm & 2pm-6pm; Sun 23 June, 10.30am -12.30pm
Now in its third year, the GDIF2013 Showcase presents another packed weekend of outdoor theatre, circus, dance, sideshows, games and mayhem.
GDIF2013 Showcase offers an unrivalled opportunity to see exciting and ambitious outdoor work from the UK and international companies and provides delegates with a chance to learn more about new projects in development, attend seminars and professional meetings, make new contacts and network with street artists, companies and arts organisations working in the outdoor performance sector.
The programme features
- European companies including Aardlek, Fet a Mà, Max Calaf, Compañía Itinerània, Res de Res & Artigues, Magmanus, Cie d’Outre Rue and Fatalia - a celebration of the 40th anniversary of Britain joining the EU
- As The World Tipped, a spectacular night-time show from Wired Aerial Theatre
- Seven new shows presented as part of the Without Walls 2013 season including Audible Forces as well as new work by Motionhouse, Tilted Productions, Bad Taste Company, Les Enfants Terribles, Pif-Paf and Rag and Bone
- The Limbless Knight – A Tale of Rights Reignited, a new commission from Graeae, directed by Jenny Sealey and featuring performers from the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games
- Word on the Street presents new outdoor work from exciting young UK theatre artists including RashDash, Pin the Tale, Pins and Needles, Tangled Feet, Uninvited Guests and Fevered Sleep plus writer in residence Lemn Sissay
The programme includes large and small scale work of all genres so whatever you’re looking for you will find it at the GDIF2013 showcase!
Seminars (artists & promoters) & Professional Networking
In addition to an exciting performance programme the GDIF2013 Showcase offers delegates exclusive access to seminars, artists’ pitches and networking opportunities presented by XTRAX.
More information here.
Pitching: Opportunity for Artists - XTRAX Shorts
The popular XTRAX Shorts programme offers an opportunity to hear presentations from 16 companies about new projects in development, including a spotlight on artists from Catalonia, presented with the support of Department of Culture of the Goverment of Catalonia, in collaboration with Fira Tàrrega.
Artists interested in applying to be part of XTRAX SHORTS can find more information here.
Deadline for applications for pitching is Thursday 23rd May, 5pm.
Full programme details of the GDIF2013 Showcase
Register NOW for free
By train: Greenwich
By DLR: Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich
By bus: 129, 177, 180, 188, 199, 286, 386
By car: Public car parking off Park Row, Burney Street & Cutty Sark Gardens
By Thames Clippers: Greenwich Pier
Access:BSL interpreters will be at key seminar and networking events on Fri 21 June, 6pm, Sat 22 June, 10am-12.30pm & 2pm-6pm; Sun 23 June, 10.30am -12.30pm.
For disabled parking in Greenwich click here.
Accessible toilets on site, at Discover Greenwich and St Alfege Park.
Tickets/Booking: FREE (booking required)
Register now with XTRAX to attend the GDIF2013 Showcase as a Festival delegate.
Location & Map:
Festival Central, King Charles Lawn, Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich, SE10